February Vacation Basketball Clinic - Behn Basketball Camp Mansfield, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Behn Basketball Camp is back at the Mansfield SportsPlex. This three day clinic is a well organized, efficient program for the development of individual skills and team play. Keep your game and your body in shape over winter break!
The largest and most successful basketball camp in New England, Behn Basketball has grown throughout Eastern Massachusetts for the past 23 years with a reputation of excellent teaching focused on fundamentals. Our experienced coaches create an intense yet comfortable atmosphere that encourages learning and development. The goal is for each player to leave camp with improved skills, increased confidence, and acquired knowledge on how to practice and succeed. And of course we have fun too!
- Shooting technique
- Ball handling
- Dribbling with both hands
- Boxing out / Rebounding
- Team Offense
- Individual and team defense including man to man and zone
A former standout player at Assumption College in Worcester Massachusetts, Jamie Kelley is in her 20th year as director with Behn Basketball Camp. She is the longest serving coach at camp and remains one of the most popular. She has successfully taught and mentored thousands of campers during her years with Behn Basketball.Read Full Bio
Prior to Assumption College, Jamie was a four-year varsity star at Foxboro High School. In her senior year she led her team as Captain to the school’s first and only girls State Championship in 1995. Along the way she was rewarded with all-star honors from the Boston Globe, Herald, and the Sun Chronicle.
After graduating college in 1999, Jamie became the Assistant Women's Basketball Coach at Framingham State College. She later served as the Assistant as well as Head Women's Basketball Coach at Franklin Pierce College in Rindge, NH.
After gaining experience at the college level, Jamie chose to return to her high school alma mater and become the Assistant Head Coach for the girls varsity team along side Sarah Behn. Recently, Jamie again joined Sarah as a volunteer assistant for the Riverhawks of the University of Massachusetts at Lowell.
Check-in: Tuesday morning 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM. Any outstanding medical forms are due at this time.
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 noon.
What to Bring: Campers should wear comfortable clothing (shorts & a T-shirt), socks, and sneakers. You should bring a water bottle.
Coed: This camp is for girls and boys. Competition will be separated by age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00-9:15 Roll Call and Warm Up
- 9:15-9:30 Agility Stations: 3 at 3 minutes
- 9:30-9:45 Skill Stations: 3 at 5 minutes (ball handling, lay-ups, shooting)
- 9:45-10:00 Defense Principles (shell drill, stance and sliding)
- 10:00-10:15 Full Court Drills: 2 minute dill by team and 3 v 2, 2 v 1
- 10:15-10:30 Break
- 10:30-10:45 One on One Tourney: 5 dribble per offensive turn, one point for baskets, one point for steals, one point for offensive rebounds
- 10:45-11:00 Defensive Boxing Out and Rebounding
- 11:00-11:20 Positional Drills Stations: 10 minute offense and 10 minute defense
- 11:20-11:30 Steal the Bacon
- 11:30-11:40 Free Throw Tourney
- 11:40-11:50 Dribble Knock-Out
- 11:50-11:55 Conditioning
- 11:55-Noon Quiz for prizes and dismissal